Pema Khandu’s cabinet decided to provide totally transparent, honest and robust governance absolutely free of all leakages and any kind of corruption or corrupt practices.
The Council of Ministers on Sunday seriously viewed the rampant preparation of DPRs and estimates by engineers without following the laid down norms. Chief Minister Pema Khandu headed cabinet decided that no DPR or estimates shall be made and submitted by any engineer on his own. The DPR of any Project/Scheme has to be submitted by the concerned Engineer through proper channel for obtaining approval of the Competent Authority. Any lapse in this regard will be viewed seriously and action shall be initiated against such defaulting officers.
During discussion of miscellaneous items, the cabinet decided to provide totally transparent, honest and robust governance absolutely free of all leakages and any kind of corrupt practices. It was decided to ensure that the financial rules and regulations are followed strictly while framing the Budget and its implementation subsequently.
In this regard, it was decided to do away with the present system of fund allocation in the form of SADA and SIDF. The projects, schemes of the emphasised priority sectors shall be identified well in advance and the same shall be incorporated in the Budget document. This is to ensure an accelerated rate of inclusive growth and development in our State, the cabinet observed.
Accordingly, all developmental projects/schemes/programmes shall be reflected in the budget document, which shall be implemented without fail by the implementing departments during the Financial Year. The performance of the Department shall be assessed on this yardstick.
The Finance Department shall also be accordingly revamped so as to ensure that a robust mechanism of checks are put in place to oversee all the departments and monitor strict adherence of financial norms and propriety by the departments. Prompt decision from the Finance Department shall be ensured in this regard.
The Cabinet further decided to the following points for all round and inclusive development of the state: –
- Each Minister shall be assigned districts as Prabhari to guide and nurture such districts in all spheres of development. He shall also inspect projects and report to Chief Minister.
- All Secretaries shall also be assigned Districts as in charge to oversee holistic development and shall conduct visits and inspections, once in every two months. Such inspections shall be done only on weekends.
- DCs shall be Focal and Nodal point for all developmental works. Bottom up approach of planning shall be adopted to ensure inclusive and need based development.
- A mechanism of Strict Monitoring of all projects/schemes/programmes shall be established by each Minister in their respective departments to ensure timely completion with expected quality.
- Transfer and Postings of all Govt officials including IAS,IPS,IFS,APCS,APPS,APSS and Engineers shall be done only on merit, functional requirement in public interest and as per transfer policy and therefore NO recommendation shall be entertained by the Govt. Any political recommendation in this regard shall be viewed adversely against the Govt Official as well.