BIG BREAKING- NPP Sitting MLA Tirong Aboh killed in an ambush . NPP Spokesperson Nima Sangey Saling confirmed the report and condemned the killing of MLA Tirong Aboh.
- DC KHONSA P N Thungan confirmed 11 dead.
- 11 others, who are along with Aboh, also killed in this ambush
- While confirming the incident, Inspector General of Police and Nodal Officer Election Sunil Garg informed that an incident of ambushed has taken placed in Tirap District today.
- He further informed that there may be causalities in the incident. “The details report of the incident is awaited,” said Garg.
Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Pema khandu shocked and condemned the incident . Action will be initiated to hunt down the perpetrators, he wrote in his twitter handle.
Extremely shocked by unfortunate incident of killing of Khonsa MLA Tirong Aboh along with several others by insurgents. Strongly condemn this barbarous act. Action will be initiated to hunt down the perpetrators. My heartfelt condolence & may soul of those departed Rest In Peace.
— Pema Khandu པདྨ་མཁའ་འགྲོ་། (@PemaKhanduBJP) May 21, 2019
- Aboh is MLA from Khonsa West Assembly constituency, Aboh was seeking re-election from Khonsa West Assembly seat.
- According to reports, suspected NSCN (National Socialist Council of Nagaland) militants could be behind the attack, which took place at Bogapani village of Tirap district in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Meghalaya Chief Minister and NPP president Conrad K Sangma Sangma said the NPP strongly condemned the “brutal attack on Tirong Aboh and his family and his security personnel.”
LIST OF DECEASED AND INJURED PERSON
The NPP is extremely shocked and saddened by the news of the death of its MLA Shri Tirong Aboh (Arunachal Pradesh) and his family. We condemn the brutal attack and urge @rajnathsingh and @PMOIndia to take action against those responsible for such attack.
— Conrad Sangma (@SangmaConrad) May 21, 2019