Heavy rainfall in the last 48 hours in West Bengal, Bihar, Assam and other NE states has resulted in railway operations being severely hampered as rain water has affected railway tracks at several places in Katihar and Alipurduar Division of N. F. Railway. Railway lines were affected at as many as 12 locations initially, of which seven were already repaired and restored.
However, the situation aggravated last night when rain water submerged tracks near Dalkhola, Barsoi, Sudhani stations and the main line connecting NE India with rest of the country being blocked with water under a bridge near Kishanganj station flowing over danger level. As a result heavy rain and submerge of tracks in flood water NF Railway stopped several trains in various stations and a number of other trains had to be cancelled or rescheduled/ short-terminated. Some of the trains had to be brought back to originating stations or other convenient stations after attending to watering and taking other measures.
While many rivers in Alipurduar and Katihar Divisions are in spate N. F. Railway authorities are keeping a close watch and continuously monitoring the situation nearby railway bridges and tracks taking all precautionary measures for safe train running.
TRAINS CANCELLED ON 14-8-17(TOMORROW):
- 15903 Dibrugarh-Chandigarh Express.
- 15636 Guwahati-Okha Express.
STRANDED TRAINS IN UP DIRECTION
- 13141 Sealdah – New Alipurduar Tista Torsha Express short terminated at New Jalpaiguri.
- 15959 Howrah-Dibrugarh Kamrup Express regulated at Dalkhola from 11-50 hrs.
- 15934 Chandigarh – Dibrugarh Express regulated at Dalkhola from 11-50 hrs.
- 23141 Sealdah – Haldibari Tista Torsha Link Express regulated
STRANDED TRAINS IN DOWN DIRECTION
- 14055 Dibrugarh – Delhi Brahmaputra Mail controlled at New Jalpaiguri from 11-25 hrs and being taken back to Dibrugarh.
- 22512 Kamakhya – LTT Super Fast Express controlled at New Jalpaiguri from 11-45 hrs and being taken back to Kamakhya.
- 12378 New Alipurduar Sealdah Padatik Express short terminated at New Jalpaiguri
- 13245 New Jalpaiguri-Rajendranagar Capital Express controlled at Katihar and originate from Katihar
- 15960 Dibrugarh – Howrah Kamrup Express controlled at Guwahati from 07-35 hrs are being taken back to Dibrugarh
- 12423 Dibrugarh – New Delhi Rajdhani Express controlled at New Bongaigaon is being taken back to Dibrugarh.
- 12510 Dibrugarh – Bangalore Express controlled at Barpeta Road is being taken back to Guwahati.
- 19306 Guwahati – Indore Shipra Express controlled at New Bongaigaon from 08-14 hrs is being taken back to Guwahati
- 15909 Dibrugarh – Lalgarh Avadh Assam Express controlled at New Coochbehar from 06-53 hrs is being taken back to Dibrugarh.
- 12518 Guwahati – Kolkata Garib Rath Express controlled at Dhupguri is being taken back to Guwahati.
Stranded passengers in various stations were provided all possible basic amenities by the local Railway authority and the trains filled up with water at nearest possible watering points.