The All Bodo Student’s Union ( ABSU ) in a one-day special convention reiterates its old pending demands of Bodoland and deserving early solution.
Through thread bare discussion, the delegates decide to continue its mass movement unless the government pay attention and adopt a policy decision to resolve these pending issues of the Bodo and other tribal communities of the region.
The delegate condemn the government for ignoring the socio-political issues in their 2 years and 8 months of ruling the country and also express disheartening on the dilemmatic political approach by the state government even after the new leadership emerged in the ruling.
The delegate sorted out series of movement programmes for the New Year 201 7 which will be announced shortly after consultation with movement groups of Bodo and other communities.
The ABSU appeal all section of people to help in Golden Jubilee Celebration of the ABSU to be held on February 201 7. The golden jubilee will be celebrated at Kokrajhar town with four days colourful cultural programmes, symposium and open session where guest and resource persons will be invited from different parts of the country.
Demands reiterated from the delegate session are:
- Bi-partite talk in presence of CM and CS of Assam on various State related Issues.
- Bi-partite talk on Bodo Issue with the government of India.
- Solution of Each and every issues of Bodo Medium Education from KG to PG in the coming budget session of Assam assembly.
- Grant Ex-gratia from the state government to the Bodo national martyr in the spirit of Martyrs of Assam movement.
- Name the 2nd Saraighat Bridge in the name of Freedom fighter Birgwsri (Thengphakheri).
- Implementation of Scheduled Tribes and other traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Rights) Act, 2006.
- New land policy to protect the tribal belt and block and notify for extension of new belt and block in tribal populated areas.
- Establish computer-learning center in every revenue village to ensure digital practice in the country before digitizing the country.
- Establish Bank Branches and ATM at every VCDC and Panchayat level in the country before going to effect the cashless economic policy in the country.
- To launch a new project for employment of Tribal youth in the name of Jana Neta Bhimbor Deory as “ Bhimbor Deory Tribal Employment Generation Mission” with budget provision of 5000 Cr per year.