In the deadliest terror attack on forces in Jammu and Kashmir, 40 CRPF soldiers were killed in a car bombing in Lethpora area along the Srinagar-Jammu highway in South Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Thursday afternoon- Report Kahmir Observer
“A total of 44 CRPF men belonging to different battalions were travelling in the vehicle when the blast occurred,” report said. The CRPF men belonged to 92, 17 and 54 battalions.
The vehicle was blown up on the Srinagar-Jammu highway in Awantipora area of the district, a police official said. Police identified the terrorist as Adil Ahmad from Kakapora in Pulwama. He joined the Jaish-Mohammed in 2018, they said. The casualties are likely to go up.
- President Ram Nath Kovind condemns attack on CRPF convoy
- “Sacrifices Shall Not Go In Vain”- Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- NSG, NIA teams to join investigation in Pulwama terror attack
- RSS seeks stringent action against Kashmir blast culprits
- US, Sri Lanka, Nepal condemn Kashmir terror attack
- Vice President of India M Venkaiah Naidu expressed his shock at “the dastardly attack”, extending his condolences for the bereaved and wishing a speedy recovery for the injured:
- Omar Abdullah, Mehbooba Mufti condemn Pulwama ‘fidayeen attack’.
- A police official said that around 3:15 pm, CRPF vehicle was blown up by an improvised explosive device or IED explosion on highway in Awantipora area of the district.— kashmir observer reported
- The Jaish-e-Mohammad up has claimed responsibility for the incident,he said- Kashmir observer
- The casualties are likely to go up.