Itanagar- Missing IAF helicopter Spotted, Crew members reportedly dead


Update-  9 pm 

Wreckage of missing IAF Chopper which went missing on yesterday on 4th July 17 while on  rescuing service of stranded commuters at Sagalee was spotted after massive search and rescue operations in an inaccessible deep gorge at Sopo Yuha area approx 4 KM from Hostallam today on 5/7/17.  Three crew members on board were reportedly dead. 

Two search team have been deployed towards the reported locations this morning. One team led by SP Papum Pare Shri Tumme Amo comprising 63 personnel from PTC and 17 personnel from ITBP and medical team to conduct search operation from Hostallam village and second team led by Dy.SP Dr.Neelam Nega with 61 personnel from PTC and 10 local youths led by Shri Gyammar Bharat with GPS and WT set from Nyorch “Yupia side. 

Meanwhile Deputy Commissioner papum Pare requested NDRF to detail one platoon of NDRF personnel alongwith equipments for assisting the rescue team of ITBP and Police personnel. Retrieving team comprising of Papum Pare police personnel, IAF Personnel, NDRF and local  volunteers will leave for the located spot at SOPO YUHA at the first light of the day tomorrow on 6/7/17. AIGP[E] and SP Papum Pare are monitoring the retrieving team.

The debris of the missing IAF helicopter spotted in an inaccessible  deep gorge at Sopo Yuha Area, 4 km from Hostalam . However there is no information about the pilot and other crew members. 

An Indian Air Force (IAF)’s helicopter with three on board went missing on Tuesday near Sagalee in the Papum Pare district of Arunachal Pradesh, according to defence sources.

Itanagar- Missing IAF helicopter Spotted

The chopper was evacuating people, stranded at Sagalee due to landslides, triggered by rains. Sagalee is just north of Itanagar, Dambuk in Lower Dibang Valley is about 350 km east of here.

Itanagar- Missing IAF helicopter Spotted

The Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) was on a flood relief mission. It took off from the Tezpur airbase around 3.30 pm, on Tuesday and lost contact with ATC around 4 pm.




Related Articles

Back to top button