Longding- Boy electrocuted to death at Tichum

Longding

A small boy of 10 yrs of age Toicha Wangsa son of Jamau Wangsa of Nginu village was electrocuted to death on Wednesday last at Tichum, some 16 KM from the district headquarter Longding. The boy is said to have been electrocuted when he touched the live wire lying unattended on the ground.

The DC Longding V.S Mallik visited the victim’s family on Thursday accompanied by SP Longding, CO HQ, Medical Officer from health department and the Executive Engineer, Power. The DC while extending his heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family, handed over the ex gratia amount of 30000 and some necessary ration provision to next of kin of the deceased.

The victim’s family and the villagers alleged that the staff of the electric department stationed at Tissa were informed well in advance about the disengaged live wire but they didn’t comply with the request. The family urged the DC to terminate all the erring officials.

The Executive engineer consoling the aggrieved family promised to initiate the departmental enquiry at the earliest.

Executive engineer lamented the fact that inspite of the repeated proposal put forth by him to replace the very old conductor , still no funds have been sanction for the same.

“The obsolete wires cannot bear the strain for long and often breaks down” he added.

The villagers urged the DC to grant one member of the victim’s family a government job as a compensation.
The DC assure the victims family to extend all possible help from district administration. He further directed the Executive Engineer Power to take stunt action against the erring employees and put up the case of the deceased for relief from CM Relied Fund at the earliest.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *