In a historic development, State Cabinet headed by Chief Minister Pema Khandu decided to give New Year Gift to more than 70499 regular State Government employees and 25919 pensioners by implementing the 7th Central Pay Commission Recommendation. The 7 CPC will be implemented from 1st January 2016 and will add financial liability of Rs 423.27 Crore for 2016-17 to the state exchequer.
The Implementation will be as follows:
- From 1st January 2016 to 30th September 2016, arrears will be paid in next Financial Year.
- From 1st October 2016 to 31st March 2017, it will be paid during current Financial Year.
- Arrears will be paid in cash in two instalments – May 2017 and September 2017.
- For those employees who want to get their arrears deposited in GPF can do so and their share of arriers will be credited in their GPF account in this financial year only.
As a mark of respect to Dy SP Late Bomto Kamdak for his selfless service to the state by sacrificing his valuable life in line of duty, the Cabinet decided and approved for awarding DySP rank to Late Bomto Kamdak’s wife Smti. Moyir Kamdak Basar on compassionate ground.
Taking note of acute shortage of subject teachers particularly in Science and Mathematics in various schools which has jeopardised the education scenario, State Cabinet decided for one time relaxation in recruitment rules. Cabinet approved to relax the recruitment criteria from existing 90:10 ratio to 50:50 ratio basis for APST and Non-APST in order to facilitate best of subject teachers from across the country.
Cabinet approved to confer Gazetted status to Post Graduate Teachers (PGTs) under education department. We have total 701 PGT in the state.
Nabam Rungkhi, who was instrumental in establishing Itanagar as State Capital will be conferred with Gold Medal in the coming Statehood Day and a cash award. He shall be alloted a plot of land in the state capital. Cabinet has issued specific directives to concern department/district administration for allotment of a plot of land in the capital.
Cabinet has enhanced the cash awards to the Gallantry Awardees:
- Param Vir Chakra Rs, 30 Lakhs – Rs. 50 Lkahs
- Ashok Chakra Rs. 25 Lakhs – Rs. 30 Lakhs
- Maha Vir Chakra Rs. 25 Lakhs – Rs. 30 Lakhs
- Kirti Chakra Rs. 20 Lakhs – Rs. 30 Lakhs
- Vir Chakra Rs. 15 Lkahs – Rs. 20 Lakhs
- Shaurya Chakra Rs. 15 Lakhs – Rs. 20 Lakhs
- President’s Police Medal for Gallantry – Rs. 2 Lakhs – 3 Lakhs
- Sena/Nao Sena/Vayu sena Medal – Rs. 2 Lakhs – 3 Lakhs
- Police Medal – Rs. 1 Lakh – 2 Lakhs