Arunachal: Nabam Tuki denies official information on CBI case

Officially abhi tak humko information nahi mila hai. Jab notice ayega uske bad hi baat karenge. Tuki said here, after being asked in this regard.


Itanagar

Former Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister and senior Congress leader, Nabam Tuki,  who is at present MLA from Sagalee constituency  on Sunday claimed that he has not received any notice from the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), days after the probe agency booked Tuki and three others including his brother Nabam Tagam earlier this week.

“Officially abhi tak humko information nahi mila hai. Jab notice ayega uske bad hi baat karenge. (I have not received official information (from CBI) so far. After I receive notice then only I shall talk),” Tuki said here, after being asked in this regard.

Watch Video 

Claiming that through media reports he came to know that he was booked by CBI, the former CM said, “Allegation ka jaach hota hein kanuuni taur se. Enquiry hoga , investigation hoga, uske baad hi sahi or galat pata chalega. (the allegation labelled in the complain will be investigated thoroughly as per the laws, then after that what is right or wrong, it will be known.”

It must be noted here that, on July 8, the probe agency booked Tuki, his borther, NN Osik, the then director of Civil Supplies of Arunachal Pradesh and the then chief manager of United Commercial Bank’s Itanagar Branch Sohrab Ali Hazarika  under various sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Prevention of Corruption Act,1988 in connection with a case related to awarding contract for development of parking places at Nirjuli and Naharlagun at an estimated cost of Rs 61.43  lakh and Rs 260 lakh in 2003.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *