Seven shops were gutted in a fire at Bordumsa market on Thursday wee hrs, however no lost of life in the fire incident have been reported.
At least seven shops in a row located opposite of Buddha statue in Bordumsa Town were burnt to ashes in the wee hours of Thursday by around 4 a.m.
The cause of the fire was suspected to be electrical short circuit. All the people of the locality including army and CRPF personnel stationed in Bordumsa extended immense help in dousing the inferno but goods in the shops could be retrieved on time incurring heavy losses to the shopkeepers. No lost of life or injured in the fire incident have been reported.
The locals alleged that ” every year many fire mishaps took place in Bordumsa township but there is no fire tender for dousing the fire . The nearest fire brigade is located at Namsai which take hours in reaching Bordumsa”.
The fire service station has become an indispensible basic need for the public of Bordumsa. Had there been fire service station the inferno could have been doused on time and damage to goods and public property could have been minimised, said locals.